Friday, May 8, 2015

New Toys

After 4 years, I thought I would never get any farther on my progress. The main reason I put the project on hold in 2011 was that I did not have the proper tools to do the job properly. My method of drilling with a hand drill and using a grinding wheel were so sloppy and would take way too long. And now that I have lots of time to spare I decided to make a few purchases to get back on track. Harbor Freight has some amazing sales and coupons. I managed to buy a dual sanding disk and sanding belt for $60 and also a drill press for $56, which are both insanely cheap.




On the sander, the disk function will allow me to grind the edges of the bars on the ends where I cut them with a hack saw. The drill press will make the drilling so much easier and faster than doing it with a hand drill, which was absolutely terrible. Also I'll be able to drill the holes for the string later on, which would be impossible with a hand drill. The belt function will allow me to grind smooth the underside of the bars where I drill into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment