Sunday, November 5, 2017

Fan/Motor System - Part 3 [Electronics & Completed Product]

Control Box/Electronics Housing
I found a pretty basic plastic box for electronics projects on Amazon. All the electronic components fit into into (miraculously).


Fitting everything inside was a big challenge. I didn't want to use a box too large and bulky. Keeping track of all the wiring became a huge headache so I decided to get some simple Molex connectors with pin and socket contacts that I crimped onto the wires. This allowed me to have easy connections for all the wiring that goes from components attached to the lid of the box and components attached to the bottom of the box. But before I could do all that I had to create a wiring diagram just to keep track of which wires go where.






View of the underside of the control box lid:


View of the exterior of the control box:



View of the inside:


Mounted to frame with L brackets I bent to the desired angle:


The whole system is essentially finished at this point. I wanted to try and find a way to reduce or muffle the sound of the motor. I built a box around it out of sound proofing foam panels and really thin project plywood. It really only reduced the sound about 20%. So I'll just have to live with the amount of sound it produces. I don't really know what else I could do to reduce it even more. 






Project complete! I made video to demonstrate using the motor and everything it can do. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment